- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Server Hosted Software - Windows
Also known as: Application Hosting
Available to: Faculty & Staff
ITS can host specific, Windows-based software for university departments and works with them to select the appropriate configuration based on software or vendor requirements and the customer's business needs.
Departments must provide software documentation, valid licensing, a vendor support contract, and contact information for the technical staff person who will function as the application's administrator.
Managed Application Hosting services include:
- Installation/management of server operating system software
- Installation/management of server hardware
- Allocation of data storage
- Network configuration and management on the server
- Server firewall configuration
- Operating system upgrades and maintenance (patches)
- Operating system security administration
- System administration including user account and disk management
- Access Control Management per customer request
- University site licensed antivirus protection
- Backup and Recovery including off-site storage
- System monitoring and management
This access is available to Mason faculty and staff.
Managed Application Hosting support is limited to the hosted system. Application support is the responsibility of departmental Technical Points of Contact (TPOC) and vendors through vendor support contracts.
All users of the George Mason University network must adhere to University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.
How to Get this Service
Costs may apply for hosting department-specific software. Pricing is determined and managed through service level agreements negotiated with departments on a case-by-case basis.
Availability of specific managed applications is determined through a service level agreement on a case-by-case basis.
Assistance for all IT Services is available through the ITS Support Center:
|Online:||Submit a Request|
|Hours of Operation:||Monday thru Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. and Fridays, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Walk-in Support |
|Innovation Hall, Room 226|
Monday thru Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Fridays, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(*closed Thursdays 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. for team meetings)
Service level targets vary depending on the complexity of the project and the software implementation.
Last modified date: August 1, 2014