- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Available to: Students, Faculty & Staff
The sound space contains special equipment and soundproofing to provide an ideal environment to record voice or edit audio. Equipment in the room includes a microphone, a special audio adapter, Camtasia Studio and Audacity software, and connection to a software conversion server. Recordings can be created as standalone sound files, combined for a video recording of the screen, or exported to a file format capable of being streamed over the web. System: iMac workstation with both OSX 10.9 and Widows 7, 64 Bit 6.1.
- Use of the room requires a valid Mason ID, which will be held for the duration of your appointment and may be retrieved when leaving.
- Food is prohibited in the sound space.
- Before changing settings related to the recording software or devices, please ask for assistance from one of the lab assistants.
How to Get this Service
- To reserve equipment, click here and log-in with your Mason credentials (NetID).
- Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins are welcome. To use this room, you must sign in at the front desk.
- Reservations can be held for up to two hours.
There is no charge for this service.
Appointments are required so please call for availability.
The sound space is located in the Collaborative Learning Hub (CLUB) in Johnson Center, Room 311. For additional questions or to make a reservation, call 703-993-3141 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Last modified date: August 1, 2014