- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Available to: Students
SafeAssign is a plagiarism education and prevention service available through Blackboard to all faculty, students, and staff. It supports a multi-faceted approach to teaching and learning about plagiarism. While some plagiarism may be deliberate, often it is unintentional and occurs for many reasons including:
- Forgetting to keep track of sources
- Lack of clarity about how to cite sources
- Not understanding the distinction between quoting, paraphrasing and expressing original ideas
- Differences between generations about what constitutes plagiarism
A George Mason study reports that cultural diversity may also factor into views on plagiarism.
- SafeAssign accepts files in .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, .rtf, .pdf, and .html file formats only.
How to Get this Service
- Students must log into Blackboard/Courses, open a course, and select the SafeAssign link for the assignment. The location will vary by assignment and instructor.
- Depending on the instructor's settings, students may be able to view the submitted assignment's Originality Report.
- Read the SafeAssign Assignment Requirements and the SafeAssign Basics.
There is no charge for this service.
SafeAssign is available 24/7.
For more information, contact Learning Support Services at 703-993-3141 or e-mail email@example.com
Last modified date: August 1, 2014