- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Available to: Students
Blackboard Courses is a web-based Learning Management System (LMS) used at Mason to deliver online or web-enhanced courses. Blackboard Courses provides a secure login system and tools to facilitate participation in both traditional and online courses. Some of these tools include discussion forums, student group areas, text-based and real time chat, a secure course grade book, and delivery of quizzes and exams.
- Course Folders: All course folders are automatically created based on class rosters in PatriotWeb. You will not receive a course folder in Blackboard Courses until you are registered.
- Learning Management System Course Retention Guidelines.
- All users must adhere to Mason's policy on Responsible Use of Computing.
How to Get this Service
- All Blackboard Courses users log in via mymason.gmu.edu. The User Name is the same as your Mason NetID. The Password is the same as your Mason email account.
- Passwords for Blackboard Courses can be changed at http://password.gmu.edu.
There is no charge for this service.
Blackboard Courses is available 24/7.
*Except Fridays, 2 AM-6 AM (EST). While system maintenance is not always performed during this time, students should be aware that myMason may not be available. Please check the announcements module for specific information on scheduled outages or extended maintenance periods.
Getting HelpIf you can not log into Blackboard Courses, contact the ITS Support Center at 703-993-8870. For questions and comments regarding the Blackboard Courses system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified date: August 1, 2014