- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Available to: Faculty & Staff
Service SummaryVideoconferencing provides face-to-face meetings and allows for more individuals to participate. It is ideal for classes, presentations, large events, meetings, and lectures which need to connect at a distance. The cameras are controllable and multiple views are allowed. Videoconferencing at Mason is provided in classrooms, conference rooms, and as a roll about system for larger venues. Collaborative Video Technologies (CVT) supports 17 videoconferencing rooms across Mason’s Fairfax, Prince William, Arlington, and Loudoun locations. See list here
View Videoconferencing's classrooms:
- Founders Hall:322
- Prince William
- Bull Run: 258
View videoconferencing's meeting spaces:
- Founders Hall: B119
- Prince William
- Bull Run: 254
- Recorded videoconference classes are archived for two weeks. Viewing information is given to the professor at the beginning of the semester to be used at their discretion.
- Recordings of any meetings or events must be requested prior to the start of the meeting or event by the requester.
- Videoconferencing Charge-Back Policies
- Videoconferencing Rates
How to Get this Service
To schedule a videoconferencing classroom, contact your college’s Scheduling Coordinator. Videoconferenced classes are Registrar-scheduled classes supported by the videoconference office. Classes can be held at multiple Mason campuses or connected to remote sites. Your Scheduling Coordinator should request a Technology Enhanced Classroom with Video Conferencing (TVC) through the Registrar's Office. See the Scheduling Coordinators handbook for more information.
To schedule a videoconference, fill out the 25Live request form. This requires a username and password which can be obtained by completing the 25Live New User Request Form. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
CVT processes requests within three (3) business days. Please keep in mind that space may only be reserved during the current academic semester.
Prior to requesting a conference, please have the following information available if at all possible regarding the site you wish to connect to:
- The name/location of the other site
- If the other site is off campus, the name and contact info for the technician at the other site(s)
Once you receive a room confirmation:
- 1) Review all information sent from CVT regarding your meeting
- You must speak into the microphone in order for the other site(s) to hear you and to be recorded
- Use an 18-20 point font for any presentations
2) Conference Tips & Etiquette
*Do not assume that there is a computer in the meeting room. Plan to bring your own laptop. Additionally, in order to connect your laptop to display a PowerPoint or visuals you will need a VGA port.
Videoconference Tips and Techniques:
All reservations are based on availability of resources.
For more information, call 703-993-5580 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For immediate assistance during a conference, contact the CVT hotline at 703-993-4812.
Last modified date: February 17, 2016