- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Available to: Faculty & Staff
Blackboard Courses is a web-based Learning Management System (LMS) used at Mason to deliver online or web-enhanced courses. Blackboard Courses provides a secure log in system and tools to create and administer face to face and online courses. Some of these tools include discussion forums, student group areas, text-based and real time chat, a gradebook for securely distributing grades to enrolled students, and assessment tools for administering quizzes and exams.
- Course Folders: All course folders are automatically created based on Faculty Assignments in PatriotWeb. You will not receive a course folder in Blackboard until you are listed as officially teaching a course in PatriotWeb.
- Student Rosters: Student rosters are updated for you. When students add/drop from PatriotWeb, the changes are reflected in Blackboard Courses.
- Learning Management System Course Retention Guidelines.
- All users must adhere to Mason's policy on Responsible Use of Computing.
How to Get this Service
- Courses are created during the first two weeks of registration to give faculty the opportunity to develop their courses before the semester starts.
- All Blackboard Courses users log in via mymason.gmu.edu. The username is the same as your Mason NetID. The password is the same as your Mason e-mail account.
- Passwords for Blackboard Courses can be changed at http://password.gmu.edu.
There is no charge for this service.
Blackboard Courses is available 24/7.
*Except Fridays 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. While system maintenance is not always performed during this time, faculty should be aware that myMason may not be available. Please check the announcements module for specific information on scheduled outages or extended
If you cannot log into Blackboard Courses, contact the ITS Support Center at 703-993-8870. For questions and comments regarding the Blackboard Courses system, e-mail email@example.com
Last modified date: August 11, 2015