- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Also known as: Cisco WebEx; Videoconferencing- WebEx
Available to: Faculty & Staff
Cisco WebEx Meeting Center, available at https://gmu.webex.com, is a cloud-based web conferencing tool that may be used for meetings and collaboration allowing participants to share video, audio, and content – all online. Meet face-to-face using HD video conferencing; share your desktop, documents, or individual applications with everyone in the meeting. It provides collaboration with people within and outside of Mason.
The following information can help familiarize you with WebEx and prepare to host or participate in a WebEx session:
How to Get this Service
Recorded Live Training Sessions
- GMU Training Center 101: WebEx for the Virtual Classroom (https://vimeo.com/260813172)
- GMU Event Center 101: WebEx for Large Events (https://vimeo.com/260795034)
- Collaboration 101: Cisco Spark Training (https://vimeo.com/261143787)
- WebEx Meeting Center 101 Training Session (https://vimeo.com/253292945)
Video and Other Online Training Sessions
- Welcome to WebEx Meeting Center – 5-minute introduction to WebEx, its features, and capabilities (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zllUkxGxqd0)
- WebEx Help Site – Cisco-sponsored site with help topics, instructions, tips, and more (https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/?language=en-us)
- Lynda.com training materials – short instructional videos on WebEx-related topics through Mason’s Lynda.com site https://www.lynda.com/WebEx-tutorials/Up-Running-WebEx-Meetings/161808-2.html)
- WebEx Quick Classes - You can also visit cisco.com/go/quickclass for details on all Quick Classes covering Cisco WebEx, including replays of completed sessions. In just 30 minutes, you’ll get tips on features and best practices that will help you get more out of meetings, training, and group collaboration.
There is no charge for this service.
This service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages, normal maintenance windows, and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are Sundays from 7 to 11 a.m. but may be extended to 2 p.m., if needed. If maintenance is required outside of these hours, it will be announced on the Planned Outages web page.
Assistance for all IT Services is available through the ITS Support Center:
|Online:||Submit a Request|
|Hours of Operation:||Monday thru Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Fridays, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
|Walk-in Support |
|Innovation Hall, Room 226|
(*closed Thursdays 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. for team meetings)
Last modified date: April 9, 2018