- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Device Registration for Network Access
Also known as: Registered Device Network Access; Device Registration for Gaming Consoles, Printers, and Smart TVs
Available to: Students, Faculty & Staff
ITS recommends that students, faculty, and staff, when possible, configure their wired and wireless network devices for 802.1x authentication. Unfortunately, some consumer electronics devices, such as gaming consoles, printers, and smart TVs, are not 802.1x capable and require alternative authentication. To solve this problem, student, faculty, and staff may each register up to 5 devices for network access through a web portal at mydevices.gmu.edu.
All users of the George Mason University network must adhere to University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.
How to Get this Service
Individual students, faculty, and staff members must register their own devices through the web portal at https://mydevices.gmu.edu.
- With your preferred web browser open mydevices.gmu.edu
- Log into the portal with your Mason NetID and Password
- Following the instructions, enter your device’s MAC address in the upper field, optionally add a description in the lower field, and click submit
- MAC addresses are generally found in your device’s network settings and are sometimes referred to as a Physical or Hardware address
- Make sure to enter the appropriate address
- Enter the wired MAC address for connections to wired networks
- Enter the wireless MAC address for connections to wireless networks
- Registration occurs immediately and your device will appear in the Your Devices window at the bottom of the page
- Reboot your device and connect it to the appropriate network
- For wireless access, connect the device to MASON wireless network
- For wired access, connect the device to a residence hall or public jack
There is no charge for this service.
This service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages, normal maintenance windows, and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are Sundays from 7 to 11 a.m. but may be extended to 2 p.m., if needed. If maintenance is required outside of these hours, it will be announced on the Planned Outages web page.
Assistance for all IT Services is available through the ITS Support Center:
|Online:||Submit a Request|
|Hours of Operation:||Monday thru Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Fridays, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
|Walk-in Support |
|Innovation Hall, Room 226|
(*closed Thursdays 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. for team meetings)
Last modified date: March 11, 2015