- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor
Available to: Faculty & Staff
Service SummaryRespondus LockDown Browser is a custom web browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard Courses. Instructors can choose to require the LockDown Browser for any existing deployed test in their course. When a student uses Respondus LockDown Browser, they are unable to print, copy, go to another website, or access other applications on their computer. When an assessment is started, students are locked into the test until it is submitted for grading.
Respondus Monitor is an additional option that records webcam audio and video of the student taking the test. This ensures student identity and that the student is following the instructor's requirements such as a closed book or working alone. By default, Respondus Monitor will record both video and ambient sound. Instructors can review the video after the test is complete.
- To utilize Respondus Monitor, students must have access to both a computer and functional webcam.
- Students must download the LockDown Browser from myMason. Instructions can be found in the Respondus Tools module located in the Courses tab in the myMason portal.
- Students taking a test in the Testing Center do not need to download the LockDown Browser as it is already installed. Instructors must make separate arrangements to use the Testing Center.
How to Get this Service
- Creating an assessment-test or quiz
- How to require the LockDown Browser
- How to Require LockDown Browser and Monitor
There is no charge for this service.
This service is available upon faculty's request
Getting HelpFor help with Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor, e-mail email@example.com. If you cannot log into Blackboard, contact the ITS Support Center at 703-993-8870.
Last modified date: August 11, 2015