- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Available to: Students, Faculty & Staff
eduroam is a worldwide wireless access service, which was developed for the international research and education community.
eduroam allows students, researchers, and staff from participating institutions to obtain wireless access service (authenticated and encrypted) when visiting other participating institutions. A listing of institutions in the United States and around the world (more than 50 countries) that participate in eduroam can be found on the eduroam.org web site.
How to Get this Service
Wireless devices that support 802.1x authentication are able to access the eduroam network.
- Make sure that wifi networking is enabled on your device.
- Find the screen or window on your device that enables you to setup and manage wireless networks.
- Scan for wireless networks. (Note: some devices may require you to enable scanning for secure wireless networks. If so, enable this option.)
- Find and select the "eduroam" in the list of available wifi networks.
- Log in to eduroam using your NetID@gmu.edu (note the suffix) and your Patriot Pass password (your email password).
- If your device presents you with a screen (or a series of screens) that require a response or configuration, please enter the appropriate security preferences:
- WPA2 Enterprise
- Authentication: Protected EAP or PEAP
- Inner Authentication: MSCHAPv2
Note: ITS recommends that Mason faculty, staff, and students verify their connection to eduroam on the Mason campus prior to traveling. However, MASON-SECURE should offer the best network experience for Mason faculty, staff, and students while on campus.
There is no charge for this service.
The eduroam service is available 24/7 at participating institutions throughout the United States and around the world. A listing of institutions that participate in eduroam can be found on the eduroam.org web site.
Assistance for all IT Services is available through the ITS Support Center:
|Online:||Submit a Request|
|Hours of Operation:||Monday thru Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Fridays, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, 2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
|Walk-in Support |
|Innovation Hall, Room 226|
(*closed Thursdays 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. for team meetings)
Last modified date: August 1, 2014