- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Available to: Faculty & Staff
Service SummaryKaltura is a video management tool that allows faculty and students to create, host, and share video and audio inside the Blackboard Courses environment. Users upload audio and video directly to Blackboard using the Kaltura Media Mashup tool. Media uploaded resides in the users My Media Library-a personal cloud based storage area. In the My Media library, users can choose to manage their media across all their courses, create screen recordings, or capture web cam video.
- Kaltura can be used to upload, share, and create video by George Mason University faculty, staff, and students for courses and organizations inside Blackboard.
- The screen capture tool in Kaltura uses Java. Make sure your browsers are up to date and running the most recent version of Java. You can check which version and update at Java.
- Do not upload media with interactivity. Kaltura cannot accept packages of files (like Camtasia, iSpring, Adobe Presenter) with interactive elements (menus, quizzes).
- Kaltura and Blackboard do not impose a limit on the upload size; however, the maximum file size that your browser will allow you to upload is 2 Gigabytes.
How to Get this Service
- Kaltura allows multiple ways to upload video and audio media directly to your course. How to Upload and Share Media to a Course
- Placing Video in the Course Content Area
- Use Kaltura to create video using either of the following methods: Screen Capture Recording or WebCam Recordings
- FAQS: Learn About Kaltura
There is no charge for this service.
This service is available 24/7
Getting HelpFor assistance with Kaltura, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot log into Blackboard Courses, contact the ITS Support Center at 703-993-8870
Last modified date: April 23, 2015