- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Available to: Faculty & Staff
Desktop videoconferencing allows individuals to connect their PC or
Mac to other standards based videoconferencing endpoints. This allows
users to connect to meetings and interviews or conduct research
wherever they are without requiring a dedicated videoconference room.
CVT supports and deploys Cisco's Jabber Video for desktop
videoconferencing needs as it allows end users to call the many
different conferencing systems using a PC or Mac. Additionally, CVT
supports the Codian ConferenceMe software as a legacy platform for PC
users who need a lightweight videoconference client that will only talk
with our videoconference bridge.
Jabber Video allows desktop videoconferencing to other desktop videoconference clients, telepresence suites, hardware based videoconference classrooms and meeting rooms and all other standards based videoconferencing endpoints.
Jabber Video features include:
- High Definition video and audio
- Ability to share desktops
- Ability to bring in multiple sites
- Ability to mix desktop videoconferencing and "room" based videoconferencing
- Ability to bring in telephone calls
- Ability to record the audio, video, and content of your class or meeting
How to Get this ServiceTo make a desktop conferencing reservation, call 703-993-5580 or e-mail email@example.com If you are conducting a series of interviews via Jabber Video, please review the instructions for coordinating interviews using myMason.
Conference Tips and Etiquette
- Please test with CVT prior to your meeting.
- Be aware of your surroundings and any distractions.
- Check your lighting and audio to ensure the far end can see and hear you.
- A headset may be useful, but is not necessary.
There is no charge for this service.
For more information, call 703-993-5580 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, call 703-993-5580 or e-mail email@example.com.
Last modified date: August 1, 2014