- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Available to: Faculty & Staff
Blackboard Collaborate is an interactive web conferencing and virtual classroom environment designed for teaching and learning and real-time collaboration. It is available in all myMason Organizations and Blackboard Courses. Instructors can use Collaborate to set up virtual conferencing for their classes while students can participate in chat and discussion sessions from anywhere. Instructors can also share PowerPoint presentations and other content using a virtual whiteboard. Additional features include multi-person audio and video, screen sharing, chat, and breakout rooms.
- Holding virtual office hours
- Recording lectures
- Student group meetings
- Inviting guest speakers
- Connecting with internship or abroad students
- Emergency proofing courses
- Recorded sessions are accessible within Blackboard Courses 9.1 and myMason
- All users must adhere to Mason's policy on Responsible Use of Computing.
How to Get this Service
- Blackboard Collaborate is a Course Tool available within Blackboard Courses and myMason Organizations.
- Collaborate is available around the clock except for weekly maintenance which occurs every Friday from 2 a.m. until 6 a.m. (EST). While system maintenance is not always performed during this time, faculty should be aware that myMason may not be available. Please check the announcements module for specific information on scheduled outages or extended maintenance periods.
- Training and Support:
There is no charge for this service.
Blackboard Collaborate is available around the clock except for weekly maintenance which occurs every Friday from 2 a.m. until 6 a.m. (EST).
If you cannot log into Blackboard Collaborate, contact the ITS Support Center at 703-993-8870. For questions and comments regarding the Blackboard Collaborate system, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified date: January 11, 2017