- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Two-Factor Authentication for Patriot Web
Dear Mason Colleague:
George Mason University is committed to keeping your information secure and in the right hands. To accomplish this, we are adding a second layer of security to Patriot Web and all Banner-related applications called Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). This will be added to all employee (faculty, staff, and student workers) Patriot Web accounts on Sunday, April 15. See 2fa.gmu.edu for details and to enroll.
Better together with 2FA
Like milk and cookies or popcorn and a movie, 2FA and your Patriot Pass password are #Better2gether.
What do I need to know?
- Patriot Web: Beginning Sunday, April 15, employees will be required to use 2FA when logging in to Patriot Web to view course final grades, W-2s, pay stubs, timesheets, and more. This replaces Patriot Web security questions.
- Patriot Pass Password: You use your Patriot Pass password to log in to Patriot Web. To keep your information secure as soon as possible, beginning today, Thursday, March 1, employees not enrolled in 2FA will be prompted to do so when updating their Patriot Pass password.
Who is affected?
- Employees: faculty (full-time, part-time, and adjunct) and staff (full-time, part-time, and wage)
- Student workers: student wage, work study, resident assistants, and graduate assistants
How do I prepare?
- Be proactive about your security! Enroll in 2FA at 2fa.gmu.edu today.
- Keep your personal information up-to-date! Update your phone number in Patriot Web.
- Prepare for taxes early! Print or save your W-2 now.
Learn more about 2FA at 2fa.gmu.edu. If your office or department is in need of additional details or assistance, please contact the ITS Support Center at 703-993-8870 or via email at email@example.com.
Thank you for taking the time to enroll and update your Patriot Web information. Your efforts with 2FA will help us be #Better2gether.
Linda H. Harber
Human Resources, Payroll and Faculty/Staff Life
Marilyn T. Smith
Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Information Technology Services