- Accounts & Access
- Business Applications
- Computers & Software
- Email & Calendar
- Help & Support
- IT Security
- Network & Telecom
- Web Services
Info & Resources:
Shibboleth Login Screen Change on June 20, 2016
The first is a checkbox labeled “Don’t Remember Me”. Users should click this check box if they want to make sure that they are prompted for their NetID and password at each site that uses Mason Federated system (useful for public computers).
The second is a checkbox labeled “Clear prior granting of permission for release of your information to this service”. Users should click this check box if they would like to change their preferences for what is sent to outside authenticated sites.
Shibboleth version 3 also introduces the ability for users to control what information is released to a third party by George Mason University. This control is provided after the user enters their NetID and password but before being sent to the website from which access was requested. Preview the attribute release page.
On this page, the user has four choices:
- Reject the information release entirely: this is accomplished by clicking the "Reject" button at the bottom of the page.
- Accept the information release; there are three ways to do so:
- Agree to release the information, but be prompted again if the user accesses this same service. This is done by clicking the first radio button labeled "Ask me again at next login" and clicking the "Accept" button at the bottom of the page.
- Agree to release the information and only be prompted again if George Mason University changes the information being released. This allows the user to review any new data exposed to this service. This is accomplished by clicking the second radio button labeled "Ask me again if information to be provided to this service changes" and clicking "Accept" at the bottom of the page.
- Agree to release all information to any service. This will cause the user to never see this screen again and authorizes any service to receive any information about them. This is accomplished by clicking the radio button labeled "Do not ask me again" and then clicking "Accept" at the bottom of the page.
Please view the service catalog for Mason Federated Login for more information.